Called to Order:
Grey Catsidhe, Weretoad, and Cassandra
Bee, Leslie, Brad, and two other children
- Bylaws – Grey started to write a bylaws draft in Google Drive. She will share this with other Folk of the Protogrove as she progresses so as to assist with wording and content. This seems like the easiest way to go about it due to scheduling concerns. Discussion can continue online and at business meetings. Grey stressed that there’s no rush and it should happen organically.
- FAE Fest – Grey reminded everyone that the second annual Fairy and Earth Fest is coming up at the end of August. The group is planing to help with the main info booth as well as maintaining our own info booth with Earth Mother shrine. Brainstorming for the shrine will continue online.
- Druid Coffe Hour – Everyone in attendance who came to the last Coffee Hour agreed that it was a success. People are interested in another.
- Dues reminder – Consider this a gentle reminder to those who have not paid their dues. If members are no longer interested in retaining Folk status, that is acceptable. The group will never turn someone away for lack of Folk Status or ADF membership. Please let Grey know if you are having monetary difficulties or simply do not want to be counted a full member anymore.
- Bealtaine – Scheduled for May 2nd, 2015. This will be an exciting event held in conjunction with our hosts, the Kripalu Yoga and Wellness Center. They will begin the day with a workshop on Labyrinths followed by the Annual Labyrinth Walk festivities. Lunch is on your own. You are encouraged to bring your own or pick something up at the health food store / cafe across the street. We are discussing the possibility other workshops that we can have prior to the Maypole dance. At 4, we will lead a workshop on the Maypole Dance. A ritual to honor the fertility of the land will follow. The deities of the rite will be An Dagda and Boann.
Ritual parts are as follows:Leader – Grey
Outsiders – TBD
Purification – TBD
Earth Mother – Cassandra
Gatekeeper/Bardic – Grey
Nature Spirits – TBD
Ancestors – TBD
Gods and Goddesses – TBD
An Dagda – Grey
Boann – TBD
Magical Working – Grey
Seer – Grey
Discussion on the remaining parts will occur online.
The day will end with a potluck dinner. Please bring a dish to pass. The theme will be “International Dish.” Bring a favorite dish from another country or culture.
- Future Gatherings – We’re hoping to plan a picnic in April. We will need to bring some sheets to cut into ribbons for the upcoming Maypole dance. We also discussed the possibility of a movie night down the road. Summer Solstice has been rescheduled to June 20th. We will celebrate WITH the Kripalu Yoga and Wellness Center. They will lead a non-denominational service. On July 11th, we will gather at a local park (location TBD) to honor Manannan mac Lir with an informal ritual/feast.
- Treasurer Report – Weretoad reported the following:
Imbolc – We collected $11.01 in donations. Grey Catsidhe, Weretoad, Andrew, and Cassandra all paid their dues in full. We paid Kripalu $25 in rent. Our balance after that was $280.93.
On March 16th, Grey and Weretoad donated $14.00 to the group which immediately went towards payment of the group’s PO Box.
Spring Equinox – Jacob paid Holda’s dues in full. We collected $19.81 in donations. The Folk in attendance voted to give the Yoga Center $35 ($25 in rent and extra donation due to amount of people in attendance). Our current balance is $290.74.
- Annual ADF Election – Grey reminded everyone that the election lasts until April 9th. She encouraged everyone to vote.
Meeting Closed: 8:50 pm